FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nov. 9, 2015
Media Relations Specialist
Superintendent search semifinalists
MINNEAPOLIS – On Nov. 9, Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, the firm hired by the Minneapolis Board of Education (BOE) to conduct the search for a new superintendent, recommended six semifinalists for the position. In the coming weeks, each of these highly qualified candidates will undergo a rigorous interview process, including BOE interviews on Nov. 16 and 17 from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. that will be televised on Channel 15 and open to the public.
• Jesse Rodriguez, Ph.D., Regional Superintendent for Milwaukee Public Schools (Milwaukee, WI)
• Charles Foust, School Support Officer for Houston Independent School District (Houston, TX)
• Kenneth Spells, Ed.D., Superintendent of Alton Community Unit School District 11 (Alton, IL)
• Michael Goar, Interim Superintendent of Minneapolis Public Schools (Minneapolis, MN)
• Sergio Paez, Ed.D., Former Superintendent of Holyoke Public Schools (Holyoke, MA)
• Jinger Gustafson, Ed.D., Associate Superintendent for Anoka-Hennepin School District (Anoka, MN)
By the end of the month, the Board will announce a list of finalists. From Dec. 1 – 3, the finalist candidates will participate in additional interviews, school visits and community meetings to learn more about Minneapolis Public Schools and the work of the district’s superintendent.
In December, the Board will meet to identify its preferred candidate. Soon after, they will announce the appointment of a new superintendent.
# # #